Monday, May 19, 2008

Smart guy

Cade has these foam letters and numbers that go in the bath. He was taking a bath the other day and we had several letters in the tub with him. I would pick up a letter and say what it was and he would repeat. Then I picked up the letter "b" and asked him "what's that?" He said b very clearly. He could also identify the letter "w". This amazes me. I'm a little worried that when we need to spell words so he doesn't know what we are saying. Will he be able to spell at an early age? And we'll think we're getting stuff by him and we really won't be fooling him at all?

When my niece was little (but old enough to write), whenever her mom would spell stuff she didn't want her to know, she would write the letters down and ask her grandmother what the words were. I guess at some point they really do become smarter than their parents!! I'm sure it's coming sooner rather than later.

No comments: