Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

This being only my 2nd Mother's Day ever, it still surprises me to hear "Happy Mother's Day." I spent 35 years of my life saying it and presenting gifts to my mothers. I never realized how important Mother's Day is until I became a mother. It and Father's Day are more special than any of the other holidays. It's the day to honor those who are the reason you are here. It dawned on me that the best present I could ever have is the guy this blog is about. Without Cade I wouldn't be able to celebrate Mother's Day as a mother. I can't wait for the days when Cade will be making Mother's Day presents at school and bringing them home for me.

Cade and I spent the whole day together. He was tantrum-free yesterday, which always makes for a good day. We bought cars at Wal-Mart. He wanted a ball but kept throwing it out of the cart. I decided he had plenty of balls and could use a few more cars. When we got home, he rolled his cars around the kitchen floor. Then he wanted to put them on top of the trash can and roll them around. Pretty soon I hear a crash and then "uh oh". He had rolled it off the back. I asked him "Where did it go?" He pointed behind the trash can. He's such a smart boy! It amazes me every single day when he knows something new. It really shows just how much they absorb and learn everyday. Now, DADA and I really need to watch what we say. Sometimes a word comes out of Cade's mouth that sounds like a bad word. We just kind of let it go and don't say anything. Because surely that can't be what he's saying!

No comments: