Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ducks in a Row

Cade is especially fond of rubber ducks. Out of all his toys, he always goes for the rubber duck. I found all kinds of rubber ducks online that are dressed up....you name it there is a duck dressed like that. I bought Cade rock star ducks, sports ducks, red-neck ducks complete with buck teeth and chest hair!, pirate ducks, easter ducks (bunnies, sheep, eggs). Some have teased that maybe Mom likes the rubber ducks more than Cade. It's not more than him but just as much. When you line of his ducks there are more than 50 and it's a pretty funny sight.

One night we were lining up his ducks and I kept telling him "ducks in a row", over and over. He finally started saying what sounded like "ducks in a row". Every once in awhile I'll hear "row" and I know that's what he's talking about.

One day we were playing with his rock star ducks and I was teaching him that the duck with the guitar makes a certain sound: "Nah, nah, nah, nananana, nah, nah, nah, nana." You know in the Smoke on the Water song. He started doing it and he actually had the tune down. He's such a smart boy!

It might be a few posts before I have new pictures. Mike was trying to capture a cute Cade moment and he dropped my camera. I need to try and find someone to fix it.

No comments: