Monday, May 12, 2008

Fire Truck

This morning Cade decided he wanted his fire truck. I told him that we should leave it at home and we could take other toys I already had in his bag. The tantrum began. Yes, we ended up taking the fire truck with us. Of course, he had to have the driver as well. He wouldn't let go when I tried to put him in his car seat. He held it in his lap the whole way to grandma and grandpa's house. At one point I heard something drop and then "uh oh" from the backseat. He dropped the driver. When we got to grandma and grandpa's, he still wouldn't put it down....not even to take off his jacket. So I handed him over to Abeula*, fire truck, jacket, and all. I'm sure at some point he put the truck down. But he was bound and determined to make my morning just a little more interesting.

*Abeula means grandmother in Spanish. When Cade says it, it comes out Lala. I think this is a good name for him to call Jan. I hate for him to just call her Jan. He calls Mike's mom Nana. And my mom is Grandma. He hasn't said that but a couple times. Anyway, I think Lala is good! :)

No comments: