Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We have an elephant!

Yesterday morning, while I was getting Cade dressed, he was pointing to the picture that is above his changing table. (Yes, I am still using the changing table. He stays still on this and it's the easiest way to get him dressed and change diapers....but he is getting too big for it). Anyway, the picture is of an elephant. It was a picture my Aunt Vicky took years ago and hung on the wall in my room when I was little. We have talked a lot about the elephant hanging there. There were a few times I told him what noise an elephant made and I would make a trunk with my arm. I hadn't done it in a long time and hadn't really thought much about it.

While Cade was pointing to the picture, I asked him what noise an elephant makes. He proceeded to use his arm like a trunk and make an elephant noise! Imagine my surprise that he could do this. I wasn't expecting it at all. It is very cute, by the way.

I found out this morning when I dropped him off at Yurie's that she had been teaching him that. She said he was a very quick learner as she has only showed him that a couple times.

He's such a smart boy!!

No comments: