Thursday, July 10, 2008

He can catch a ball!

Cade can catch a ball! I took him to Grandpa and Lala's house Tuesday evening so they could visit with him. He was throwing a ball with Grandpa. He then would hold his arms out and together so he could catch it. It's the cutest thing!

Last night he was in the yard with Mike and I and his Nana came over. We were throwing him a ball. I told Mike to watch him. He would hold his arms out to catch it. And he could catch it most of the time. The look on his face is hilarious because he is concentrating so hard! Mike said that Yurie's boys must be teaching him to catch. I asked Yurie this morning and she said they had been throwing the ball with him. He's such a smart kid.

He also like to kick the ball. He was doing pretty good last night at running and kicking. He might be a pretty good soccer player but DADA says no soccer. Oh well, we'll see if that "rule" still stands in a few years.

Cade watches Sesame Street quite a bit. I use Sesame Street as an attention grabber when I'm trying to get something done. Anyway, last night, I had Sesame Street on while I was fixing dinner. Cade was in his high chair eating his dinner. They started counting. Cade hollered out when they got to 3 with the kids that were hollering out numbers. And when they got to 7, Cade hollered out 7 before the kids said the number. Mike and I just looked at each other. You know, we think he's a smart kid but we also realize he's our kid and we think everything he does is amazing. But we think 17 months old is pretty amazing for both catching a ball and counting to 10!

New word: giraffe.

No comments: