Wednesday, July 23, 2008

18 month checkup

Cade went for his 18 month checkup yesterday. He weighs 25 1/2 pounds and is 33 inches tall. I can't believe our little guy is almost 3 feet tall! He did very well this time. The last several time we've been haven't been pleasant. He would hate to be put on the scale. He hated them listened to his heart or checking him at all. He would just sit there and scream. He wasn't particularly happy about being checked out but he didn't cry this time. I think he's gotten this little flirting personality and he likes to talk to everybody so he was having a hard time getting mad at the nurse and doctor because he wanted to tell them stuff more.

After the nurse was done, she was leaving the room. Cade stood there with a very serious look telling her something. Neither of us had any idea what he was saying but he was telling her something and he was very serious about it. It was so funny!

He didn't have to have any shots this time, which was good. Now, he doesn't have to go back until he's 2. Then he will be on the big boy scale and won't have to have his temp taken rectally anymore. I can't believe 18 months has passed!

DADA has been gone the last couple nights. So Cade has missed his evening wrestling with DADA. Last night, he thought he would wrestle with me. I don't care much for this and didn't want to wrestle but tried to humor him some. Well, he did to me what he has done to DADA a few times. He bit me. We are doing our best to discourage this because quite frankly it hurts! So when he bit me, I told him no and swatted him on the butt. Boy did this upset him. He started balling. I told him "we don't bite. You hurt mama." I showed him the place on my arm. He pointed to it and said "boo boo". We had hugs and talked about it. He didn't bite me again. We'll see if he remembers he got in trouble for biting. I hope that he learns that biting is a big no no! Especially before Lily comes back to Yurie's this fall. I certainly do not want to pick him up and find out he's bitten her!!

No comments: