Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I don't care what "experts" say about TV.

Cade doesn't watch a lot of TV. He does like Sesame Street. When he was a baby and he woke up while I was getting ready for work, I would put him in his swing. His swing happened to be near the TV. While he was still pretty young, I decided that maybe he could be watching an educational kids show while swinging. At least he might learn something, right? An infant shouldn't be watching the news.

Anyway, Cade quickly became a Sesame Street junkie. That is the one show he will sit still for. He now can recite lines from the shows....if it's one he's seen several times. He can also sing songs from that show. He knows his alphabet and can count now and so when they do that on the show, he will do it with them.

Where I'm going with this is, my not quite 2 year old nows an octagon has 8 sides. He likes the episode named The Golden Triangle of Destiny. He will tell me how Telly looks for the golden triangle. On the way, Telly finds other shapes. So we talk about those other shapes. One of them is the octagon. So I told him the octagon has 8 sides. He says that often now.

While I like to take credit for him learning what he has to this point, I know some of what he's learned has been from the TV and Sesame Street. I'm glad he's learning good stuff! And that he's as smart as he is.

2 comments:

seven said...

I bet he already "knows" how to spell "knows" also...

Jenny said...

You're just jealous because he's smarter than you!