Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sentences

Cade has stumbled head-first into talking in sentences. This seemed to happen overnight for me. He told me the other morning, "I need socks." I was getting him dressed and we had a few days of cool weather so he wore socks and shoes on that day instead of no socks and sandals or crocks. This particular day, it was going to be warm so I wasn't going to dress him in socks. I got him all dressed and said "okay, let's go." He looked at me and said "I need socks." How could I argue? The kid thought he needed socks so we got socks!

I've mentioned before about Cade's shoe-fetish. He comes by this honestly....and I don't mean from me. I like shoes as well as other women but Mike is not like most men....he likes shoes. I think at the moment he has more shoes than me. As a result, Cade loves shoes. Example....Mike brought Cade back some lined-crocs from Denver last week. When he took them to Cade, Cade put them on and wouldn't take them off his feet, even to take a nap. He wears shoes around the house if they are where he can get to them and put them on. Yesterday, I brought home the tennis shoes I ordered for Cade (Can I just say that I had no idea how expensive shoes are for kids....especially when they wear them for such a short time!). I handed him the shoe box when we got in the house. He sat down on the floor and was digging the shoes out, while saying "cool shoes." I went into the bathroom and next thing I know, this little guy comes in with the shoes and says "I need help." I had no idea he knew how to say this. He sat on the floor while I helped him put his shoes on. This is what I mean by head-first!

The other morning, I went in to get him and said "it's kind of early to be up." He looked at me and said "it's not early." And he said it very plainly. He said early, well....r's, and l's very plainly.

Something else he said last night...
Mike teases him and tells him "I'm going to punch you in the nose." Last night Cade told DADA, "punch your nose." I'm quite sure he's passing us in intelligence quickly! And he's not even 2 yet.

He's also attempting to count to twenty. He misses some numbers here and there. But I'm quite impressed that a 20 month old can even count at all, much less to twenty!

I'm afraid the days are fast approaching of Cade thinking his parents are idiots. I thought I had several years to worry about that....but it doesn't appear that is going to be the case at the rate he's going!

No comments: