Thursday, September 11, 2008

I love his laugh

Cade has the best laugh. I love to hear it. It always makes my day. Every evening at bedtime, I rock him for a few minutes. When he was a baby this is what put him to sleep....well, that and nursing. Now, he has a bottle of milk (and yes, I'm going to start working on getting that away from him) and we rock. When he's done drinking the milk, we'll sit there and talk. We may sing, count, or say our alphabet. Or he'll talk about what he's done that day. I don't always understand what he's talking about but he's telling a good story and I love to listen. There are usually giggles involved at some point.

Last night, we were rocking and talking. He was a in a great mood. I've had this allergy/cold thing and even though I'm much better I still have this cough. While we were rocking, I got to coughing pretty hard. Being pregnant and coughing or sneezing is always scary....I've wet my pants more than I care to count at this point. :) Anyway, I would lean up a little while I was coughing and Cade would grip my shoulders and just laugh hysterically while I was coughing. This got me to laughing and the laughing and coughing combo was difficult. We did that for a few minutes....very funny.

What's even better...no matter what kind of day I'm having, that little guy always makes me smile and puts me in a good mood. There's nothing better than seeing his little face.

No comments: