Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Times to remember and things I miss

While Cade has excellent verbal skills he still says some things that remind me he's still just a little guy. Nana was at the house talking about getting a new birdfeeder at their house. She was talking about a woodpecker they have. Cade told us that he was "going to shoot that peckerwood." Yeah, we laughed. He really thinks this is the correct way to say that word. It's one of those things like "lickafish" that we find funny so I won't correct him. Mostly I have corrected when he says a word not quite right. But sometimes a parent has to get a little enjoyment out of what kids come up. And yes we still snicker a little about the cuss words. I know it won't be funny when he drops an f-bomb in kindergarten.....

We went to Hot Springs to the horse races last weekend. It was a much needed couple days away for me. I missed both boys terribly but it was nice to get to do what I wanted without having to worry about anyone else. The boys stayed with my mom while we were gone. I think they did fine. But Mason grew a lot while I was gone. He's all the sudden taller and thicker. And while I was gone, he quit being as much of a cuddler at bedtime as he use to be. He will rock with me and drink a bottle. Sometimes he will fall asleep while drinking it. I will just sit and rock him because I enjoy that time. But if he doesn't fall asleep right away he's a wallower. I'll try and get him to cuddle but he'll have nothing of it. Really he just wants to lay down in his bed and suck his thumb or talk to himself. I'm going to miss the cuddly baby stage. No, I don't want anymore babies but that is one stage that will be forever missed...

I now have two very active toddler boys. New and fun experiences are ahead for us!

No comments: