Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Not ready to potty train yet....

I guess Cade isn't quite ready for potty training yet. He talks about it a lot and has sat on the potty at our house and at the sitter's house. But nothing ever happens.

Sunday, he went swimming with his Dad. I had to run some errands. Mike called me and asked me if there was a special diaper he needed to wear when he went swimming. I told him that I didn't have any and he should just put the swimsuit on without anything on. It was last year's suit anyway and I didn't figure it would fit with a diaper on. Mike told me he wasn't comfortable with that. I said that I didn't figure he'd poop...the worse he do was pee. And that wouldn't hurt anything while he was outside. I was kind of hoping he would figure out he needed to go and say something.

Well, I got home and they were still outside and Cade still had his swimsuit on. I told him he wasn't wearing a diaper so he needed to say something so we could get him to a potty or a tree if he had to go. Of course, he never said anything. We go inside and we weren't inside but a couple minutes. I was getting a towel and a diaper and shorts to put on Cade when I heard, "uh oh, I make a mess." I didn't think much of it at first. He was standing there watching TV when I walked back into the room. I proceeded to find a puddle on the kitchen floor. I looked at Cade and said "Did you pee pee on the floor in here?" His answer "Yep." My reply "Why did you do that?" His answer "I don't know. I pee pee on the floor."

My question is....why did he have to wait until he got inside to do that? Why couldn't he do that outside? I thought all guys like to pee on stuff outside! :)

I guess we'll get there. I'm trying not to push it much. But I have to say...I feel like all I do is change diapers. With 2 in them, we can create our own little landfill!

No comments: